There’s more to life than code and more to learning than online classes.
Study Camp is the core camp at HackerFarm and it exists to prepare people to learn skills & work in the technology industry. People take online classes, do prep work for Coding Bootcamps, or go throuh remote coding bootcamp curriculum. Its an open co-learning environment.
Duration: 3 months
Starts: 1st or 15th of every month
Batch: 12 Participants (max.)
0. BASIC PROGRAMMING CAMP
People who have no prior programming experience should opt for this camp
- CommandLine & Git
1. WEB DEVELOPMENT CAMP
You will learn:
- CommandLine & Git
- HTML5 & CSS3
- FrontEnd Library: React
- Server-side Programming: Node Js
- Data Persistence: NoSql & Firebase
Participants will go through level-wise learning and assessments for Web-Development Camp.
2. KAGGLE CAMP for DATA SCIENCE, AI/ML
Intermediate & Advance level python programmers can come and work on Kaggle.
3. DRONE CAMP
Be a Drone pilot. Engage your time learning and building drone from scratch with HAVELIUAVs support
- Introduction to Drones
- Hardware & Building Components
- Working & Applications
- Drone Programming with Python
- Safety & Repairs
- Simulator Practice Software
- Quadcopters / Mini Drones Flying Trials
- Shots Planning & Actual Survey
- Future ahead..
4. PREP FOR ANY CODING BOOTCAMP
Participants can spend their time in going through any bootcamp prep such as HackReactor, Lambda School, Launch School etc
We expect participants to set their own goals, form a group and go through dedicated online curriculum.
- Sessions/Workshops to accelerate the learning
- Pair Programming and Weekly Code Review
- Mentorship, Office Hours & Performance Tracking
We use tools like
- GitHub to push their learning and project work.
- Asana for Daily Task Management
- Google Forms for tracking the Weekly Progress
- Slack & Web Whatsapp for communication
Daily/weekly updates by learners are tweeted personally and RTed at HackerFarm India on Twitter and also published on personal/medium/dev blogs. Participants should blog regulary to maintain their tech diary.
Study participants who demonstrate their technical ability at the end of program, will be invited to showcase their portfolio to well known startups community where they may be offered an internship or a job.
People should have passion for programming and can demonstrate by taking some online classes before applying. Do mail us your public profile link to get hackerfarm invitation sooner.
Want to know what a day looks like at HackerFarm, Read Here.
→OTHER STUDY GROUPS
Participants can also form a group around these topics as well and follow the best online resources available.
- Digital Marketing
- Ethical Hacking
- Foundation of Software Engineering etc.